Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blog 6: Personal Directions for The CATW

1

             To prepare myself on the day of the CATW test, first I will definitely eat a solid breakfast, drink a lot of water and also keep another bottle in my bag, then start timing myself with how I need to separate my notes and my practice tests so I can revise each and every single one of them. I will look through each of my practice tests as many times as I can for a whole 20 minutes of my time while I’m still home. And keep everything organize so that I can take another look at them on the Bus and the Train. I will revise the structures of the test, the exercises I did in class to plot the writing exam. And from there I believe that I will be more familiar with the steps needed and how to start.

           When I get to take the test I will read the article once, re-read for a second time, I will underline words that are unfamiliar to me, I will read attentively and look for the main idea of the article. I will watch for what are the supporting details and recognize the minor and major details. I will start brainstorming those ideas into pieces so I can have a clearer sense of the text. Because I took all my time to revise my tests and see where I was weak and strong, how much grammar fixing I needed, how often the teacher found my sentences to be unclear and how many mistakes I had in punctuation. Then I will create a much better way to start writing and to make it easier to understand and to read.

            I will choose an introductory sentence, publication meaning I need to include, the tittle, the author’s name if given and I need to state the summary of the article then I need to choose a specific supporting detail to either agree or disagree with in the article and that would be my thesis. And from what I had chosen during my brainstorm and according to that specific detail I chose in my thesis, I will start to think of the information, the example that I need to support my thesis according to my opinion of the text. I will need two strong enough paragraphs it can be from my own experience, TV shows, or a historical event as long as it supports my thesis and also have good examples in detail.

2

-Run-on sentences. –Punctuation. –Spelling. –Grammar. –Timing.

3

        I need to know how to start and where to stop. I need to pay attention to what I’m reading and what it’s all about before I start to write. I need to check my writing, spelling before I hand it in, I need to think about my run-on sentences therefore, I need to think of when to put a period and shorten my sentences a bit less. I have to bring my dictionary and look more carefully of the words. I need to develop my paragraphs and use more detail and examples. I need to take my time instead of rushing the tests to finish early, I need to take a very long deep breath before I start and clear my mind then stop thinking of the test a little less.

No comments: